Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Thursday, December 08, 2005

Another Happy Day

Wednesday morning as I was fixing up my matchbox for the season, the girls, Eve, Jennifer & Pat, called inviting me out.

We drove way out in the boondocks to another town and ate a delightful lunch in a country dinner. Then we went for a long crisp walk in the piney woods, along a boardwalk over a Cyprus swamp, and around the border of a spring-fed lake.

Ginny got off work early to have her hearing aid adjusted by a computer then we went Christmas shopping and out to supper at a favorite restaurant where we managed to hit at an off hour. So the two of us took a booth usually designed for six. We spread out, lounged and talked for about two hours enjoying the Christmas lights and overhearing the banter of the waitresses who had little else to do.

We plan to give those ladies a little something extra for Christmas… maybe an autographed copy of one of my books with a green bookmark.


Ginny & I discussed that new animal just discovered in Indonesia. Google news has been full of it for the last couple of days; it’s the third major new species discovered by western scientists in the past year. They are calling this one a Bornean Carnivore. Somehow this discovery brings Glog to my mind. Who knows what creatures live unseen among us? Space is hardly the last frontier; I think that is right here on earth.

Oh. About my matchbox…

For the outside cover I pasted on a picture of Santa with toys by a Christmas tree; inside the cover is a young lady in red … She’s wearing tassels, so I guess she must be an elf.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 6:02 AM

2 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Well, I think it depends on where you put the tassels, John.

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger John Cowart said...

Where they're most needed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home