Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Beautiful Boat Parade

Last Saturday Jacksonville hosted the 21st Annual Light Parade featuring over 50 decorated boats cruising up and down the St. Johns River. Thousands of people lined up along both stretches of the city’s riverwalks to watch the boat parade.

Unfortunately Ginny and I lacked the energy to attend and take photos – but the website of the Florida Times-Union, the local newspaper, posted a photo feature of the event at http://jacksonville.mycapture.com/mycapture/folder.asp?event=79841 It is well worth your time to visit the three galleries supplied by photographers Becky and Tom White. Here is a sample of their work:

I spent Monday engaged in one of the world’s most boring human activities, hanging around a doctor’s office, tied up for six hours, waiting to drive a friend home.

Doesn’t God have anything better for me to do?

Apparently not.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 4:27 AM

6 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Who told you God's work was all Rabid Fun? Even a cup of cold water.........

Looks like that was one fine parade.

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Robin said...

My husband told me about the boat parade, but I forget about it every single year! Darnit!

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Ferlin Motor said...

After a long time, I read a very beautiful and very ismportant article that I enjoyed reading. I have found that this article has many important points, I sincerely thank the admin of this website for sharing it. Best Boat Motors for Sale service provider

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger Hijabi Girl said...

Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. Compro Rolex Torino

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger Hijabi Girl said...

You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this... Acquisto rolex torino

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Laura Bush said...

Excellent post. I really enjoy reading and also appreciate your work.auckland christmas party cruises This concept is a good way to enhance knowledge. Keep sharing this kind of articles, Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home