Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Virginia's Song

All day Monday I rehearsed a song to sing for Ginny when she got home from the doctor’s office after picking up her hearing aids.

I wanted that song to be the first thing she would hear when we met.

It’s a song I wrote 38 years ago especially for her. I wrote the lyrics. I actually made up the tune. She is the only person in the world who has ever heard her song. And I have only sang it to her a dozen or so times over the years.

So when she arrived home from the doctor’s, I cuddled her on my lap, enfolded her in my arms and sang Virginia’s song to her.

She deserves more than a song but it’s what I have to give. It’s hers alone.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 6:04 AM

2 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger bigwhitehat said...

That is excellent.

I'm stealing your ideas and forbidding my wife from reading your blog.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Now that's romance!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home