Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Thursday, November 10, 2005

A Closed Door, An Open Door

Jesus said, “Behold, I stand at the door and knock” but fortunately Ginny & I have this spy-peek hole thingy so we can see who’s out there. If it ain’t the Lord Himself, we are not opening our door to anybody for the next few days.

Once again Ginny did not get the promotion at work she applied for; the position went to a political appointee. In the past two years, they’ve appointed seven different bosses this way!

Each time, they’ve asked Ginny to train the person they appointed over her.

Grumble. Grumble. Grumble – not Ginny, me.

She’s a Christian type who believes that God has placed her where she works and she does her job as service to Him. And while she seeks advancement, she’s also content.

So she trains the new person as best she can.

Me, I wouldn’t even tell the turkey how to find the bathroom.

However, on the good side: Ginny is taking the next few days off work so she can nurse me and rub that lotion on my feet (what a turn-on!) and cook my favorite foods and cater to my every whim and fantasy.

Yes, I’m still enjoying ill health.

So for a week or so we’ve told the kids that we will not answer the door or the phone. We intend to hide from the world, get reacquainted, and recharge our batteries.

I am probably not going to post blog entries for a while either.

Depends on what bugs me and how bad.

On a different note, our librarian daughter is posting blog photos of her Roll Over And Read program; that's where they bring dogs into the library and kids having trouble reading get to read to a trained service dog. The results are astounding as the kid builds self-esteem and reading skills by reading to a non-critical, adoring audience.

I think that’s the coolest thing.

Eve’s site address is http://www.eveyq.blogspot.com/

She took us out to dinner last night and she’s tickled to be raising a bunch of money from sponsors of her walkathon for the American Diabetes Association. She claims that she’s walking as a tribute to Ginny and that all the charity funds raised are dedicated to fighting the disease.

I tried to talk her into cutting out the middleman by giving the donations directly to Ginny but she insists that they go to the Diabetes Association.

Humph!

Just you look and see if we’ll open our door to her!


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 5:56 AM

4 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I'm sorry Ginny wasn't promoted. She sounds like a saint though.
Enjoy your few days together without outside interruptions.
I finished Glog. You really did a lot of study to write that book! Glog had such an adventure, wrought with dangers. He got the girl in the end though!
Good book, John.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Robin said...

I envy your time together. I'd love to take a few weeks off to NOT answer the door, the phone, etc...

Well, I have a peep-hole thing on my door too, and Mike and I agree that if it's not Jesus, or John & Ginny, we ain't answering either!

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad,
I think that you both deserve the break & I am so happy that you have the chance to spend some time together! Let me know when you will be responding to the outside world, as I would like to chat w/ you & Mom later. Enjoy your (much needed) break!

Much Love,
-Patti

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I hope you're enjoying your time with Ginny. Relax and get back when you're ready.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home