Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The Way James Bond and I Spend Most Days

One trouble with keeping a daily journal or posting on a blog every day is that during most of my days nothing much happens.

I sit at my computer and make corrections to my text which generates other corrections that need to be made. Yet 87 readers checked into this blog yesterday and I feel that I let you down if I don’t have something exciting to say.

But I don’t.

But what the heck. Even James Bond doesn’t save the world every day; he washes his socks every once in a while.

So here’s what I’ve been up to:

Enjoyed breakfast at Dave’s and a long conversation with my friend Wes then I resumed work on the Strangers manuscript.

I hope, God willing, to have this one ready to publish before Ginny and I leave on vacation but I doubt that I’m going to make that goal. A lot of the text has been previously published and even translated into several other languages so the work should go quickly. However, my computer ineptitude makes the work sluggish. Again, I battle headers, footers, gutters and all those details I normally don’t even think of while writing.

This sort of work represents a new discipline and I feel clumsy doing it. I think that learning new skills stretches my mind – too much. Ruts are so much more comfortable.

A week or ten days ago, while moving some yard stuff, I dropped a board on my foot. A dumb thing to do. This hurt a bit at the time, but has not bothered me until Monday when my toes began to turn black. I’d almost forgotten about it. But yesterday the pain flared up. Puzzling. Why would the thing wait a week to really start hurting? Makes no sense.

In other family news: Monday, Ginny was interviewed for a promotion she applied for; we’ll see what happens there. And our librarian daughter is now regularly posting on her own blog at http://www.eveyq.blogspot.com/ I really enjoy her postings, but then I would. I’m her dad.

How come James Bond never drops a board on his foot?


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 5:51 AM

3 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I hope your black toes are just bruised and nothing more serious. I wouldn't want you to post about having to have those toes amputated.
Take Care!

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I hope your black toes are just bruised and nothing more serious. I wouldn't want you to post about having to have those toes amputated.
Take Care!

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Robin said...

I've read a few posts tonight that seem to echo what I'm feeling in that, this blogging thing, this daily accounting of the mundance thing -- it's, it's, PRESSURE!

I'm thinking more and more, it's time to relax.

I enjoy your writing, whenever you feel like writing. Just know there's NO pressure from ME, k?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home