Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Delighted!

I’d planned to spent Tuesday formatting my Glog manuscript. But instead I devoted the day to my own spiritual renewal by reading, praying, examining my heart, and cooking a big pot of spaghetti.

While the results of my spiritual exercise seem so so, there was a major development concerning Glog – which I think is the best thing I’ve ever written.

When we met Donald’s friend Sunday, we talked about Glog a bit. Both Donald and Eve have read the manuscript and they amused me by their description of it. What I write, and what readers get can be two very different things.

Glog, a science fiction/humor fantasy, relates the adventures of a sentient dinosaur in the Chesapeake Bay area where he prays for divine guidance while being buffeted by adverse circumstances which confuse the creature to no end.

Glog eats muskrats, lots of muskrats, and hunger motivates him more than anything else. He also illuminates the uncials in a biblical manuscript.

Today, Donald’s friend e-mailed a preliminary sketch for the title on the book cover. I’m delighted. She’s combined various aspects of the novel succinctly capturing just what I envision.

I’m impressed!


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 4:51 AM

1 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Cooking a big pot of spaghetti always pumps me up spiritually.
I'm glad Glog is coming along well.
Neat artwork!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home