Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Friday, August 26, 2005

Nothing to say so here’s a joke:

Thursday I chopped vines from the fence all morning and read all afternoon, a good day for me but nothing to blog about … so here’s a favorite joke:

Three healthcare professionals, an ophthalmologist, a cardiologost, and the chief executive officer of a health maintenance organization, died in an accident and appeared at the Pearly Gates.

The Admitting Angel greeted them saying, "Welcome, gentlemen. Welcome! I'm glad to see you here. But before I can admit you, each must give an account of his life and reasons you should get into Heaven. Who wants to start"?

The first man spoke up, "I was an ophthalmologist. I helped people better see the glories of God's creation".

"That's wonderful," exclaimed the Angel. "That's really something. You go right on inside".

The second man said, "In life I was a cardiologist. I repaired weak hearts, extended people's lives, I even did a few heart transplants greatly improving my patients' quality of life".

"That's wonderful. How impressive," said the Angel. "You go right on inside... Now, what about you"?

"I was the CEO of an HMO. In my executive capacity I helped provide low-cost health care for thousands of clients who might not have otherwise had access to hospital care. At the same time I provided optimum profits for our shareholders".

"That's wonderful," exclaimed the Angel. "You go right on inside... But..."

"BUT! What do you mean But," demanded the CEO.

"Well, you are admitted to Heaven, but you're only allowed to stay for five days".


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 4:40 AM

2 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger Robin said...

That's beautiful!!!!!!!!!

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

That's justice.
We're dealing with insurance crap because of all my surgeries. They never want to pay what they should. It's a constant battle.
That joke hits home!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home