Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Monday, August 22, 2005

Lazy Sunday

After a restless night, Ginny & I chose to skip church and go back to bed this morning. We got up about 9 and drove out to a leisurely breakfast at Famous Amos. We lingered over coffee talking for between two and three hours.

One thing struck us as funny: on the backs our menu cards, they print topics of conversation to talk about! Tell about the smartest person you ever met? What movie sequel do you like best? That sort of thing. How odd that couples might need such a card; I don’t think we ever run out of things to talk about.

Back home we decided to wash the car. While Ginny vacuumed, I rigged the garden hose. Soon the car sparkled.

Then I challenged her to a Wet-Tee-Shirt Contest.

I chased her around the front yard with the garden hose while she squealed about not getting her hair wet. So, I sprayed the hose across my own chest and shouted, “I WIN!”

I laughed myself silly.

She didn’t.

Seems I’m married to this humor-impaired woman.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 5:20 AM

1 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Blogger Heather said...

First you skip church and then you want a wet T-Shirt contest? You are a bad boy :)

Sound like you had fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home