Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Saturday, August 13, 2005

Too Bright -- Not Too Bright

Friday I shoveled more dirt using the sand from the pool pit to raise a flagstone walk and fill various low places in the yard. One more day of this should finish the job. Thanks Be To God!

I figure that doing all this work myself instead of hiring professionals saved us close to $3,000. It may possibly have been worth it; the tv weatherman says the heat index today reached 105 degrees.

This evening Ginny & I went to Salty’s with our friends Warren and Carol. We feasted on great seafood, costly but great. The four of us enjoyed inconsequential relaxing conversation about everything and nothing in particular. Afterwards, Carol drove us to the Northbank Riverwalk where we sat on the first bench available and enjoyed the evening lights of the city. Then we drove all over town reminiscing about what building used to be where when we were kids and what’s there now.

I awoke at 4 a.m. Saturday and rushed outside. I worried that the city lights would be too bright for me to see the annual August Perseid meteor shower.

I put on my swim trunks and got in the pool to float on an air mattress and watch the stars. The lights were not too bright at all and I saw a couple of falling stars.

This is the way to enjoy a pool, floating alone in the dark at 4 a.m., no one around but me and the stars and the Lord who made us both.

My mini adventure did prove one thing: it is possible, in Florida, in August, heat index of 105 -- to freeze your ass off!!!

Not too bright.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 5:45 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home