Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Thursday, August 04, 2005

Life in the hole

Yeap, I'm still digging.

Look at any pool ad. You see a bikini girl relaxing on a float with a colorful beverage in her hand.

Look at our pool today, you see me covered with mud and sand with dozens of clothespins attached to my filthy tee-shirt, my shoes in tatters, me sweating like a pig -- me with a disposition to match.

No fear. I'm sure to have the pool filled and running by the next freeze.

PS: The clothespins are a handy way to anchor the vinal linner and I wear them on my person so they won't be at the other side of the pool whenever I need one -- like every other tool I reach for.

In other news: Ginny's office is moving to another building this week. She can't find the files she needs to work. In fact, she can't even find the file cabnets; they may still be in the old buiding. It's 96 degrees today and the air conditioner in her new building has not been turned on yet. So between me in the mud and her office move, our week has been .... Well, you get the picture:


Joy. Joy. Joy. This is the day that the Lord hath made -- What the hell happened to it?


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 7:06 PM

2 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Blogger Robin said...

So sorry for muck and heat! Oh wait - I just described every single place in Florida but the beach.

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

You are a wonderful humorous writer and you seem to do it with such ease. I am enjoying your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home