Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Tuesday, July 26, 2005

A Writer's Frustration

Went out to breakfast at Dave’s with Barbara; afterwards we came back to my house to sit in the garden and talk. I listened.

Her granddaughter’s funeral is scheduled for Saturday. Ginny & I have other commitments so we don’t plan to attend.

Ginny went for that job interview this morning but they called immediately after saying they are giving the job to someone else.

All day long I battled the headers and footers in my Glog manuscript. Word (a pox on all their houses) insists on changing right input to wrong! And when I corrected it, the program changed it back again to the wrong thing!

Infuriating.

A friend, a fine writer I admire, e-mailed me this weekend, about her frustration over the vision she sees and what actually get on the printed page. She said:

“I have finally figured out in my mind I want to write I just don't know how. I can't seem to gather my thoughts about how … I see what it is suppose to say in my head not what it is actually down on paper. Does this make sense? I have a hard time explaining it even. My mind sees what it wants and skips ahead”.

Do I understand what she’s going through?

You Bet!!!

Long ago I clipped this Shoe cartoon by Jeff MacNelly out of the newspaper. I framed it and it has hung by my desk for years.

Here it is for her (and for me, and for other frustrated writers):



Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 5:23 AM

1 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger Robin said...

And the choir says, "Amen."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home