Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Friday, July 08, 2005

Odd New Feature: audio

This evening Eve and Donald came over unexpectedly bringing in Chinese food for our supper. Donald installed a digital microphone and software (Mp3 My Mp3 2.0) on my computer.

Ginny sat and read ignoring the uproar as the rest of us attempted to make the thing work.

Donald set this device so that it will record everything said in our living room for up to 600 minutes at a time! As you record, little wavy lines bounce up and down on the computer screen – or they don’t. We made a couple of test runs with the thing while laughing like idiots not knowing when it was on and when it was off.

Donald eventually hopes to establish a computer pod-casting network and I am his guinea pig.

In light of approaching Hurricane Dennis, Donald advised me to transfer the Stacy Letter files I'm working on to an out-of-state server so that if we losse electric power like last year or if my system is damaged, we can download the files again.

On the 4th, tv news said few Americans know all the words to the Star Spangled Banner so we set out to prove them wrong…. But they were right.... Besides, Donald had some kind of Indian music playing in the background and we joked about recording a broadcast from Calcutta.

Anyhow, if you want to hear sound excerpts from a typical evening at the Cowarts, check out the audio experiment files. I don’t plan to use this exotic software often-- you'll see why if you listen!


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 5:53 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home