Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Thursday, July 07, 2005

Random Thoughts on Dependability

Today I’m up to page 123 in editing the Stacy Letters. The work goes faster now because this is the fifth or sixth time I’ve been over the ms.

Lunch with Wes. Among other things, we talked about long distance driving, health care issues, the U.S. Constitution (Wes says he reads it at least once a year; I think I read it once back in highschool), yard sales, and dependability.

Here are a few of my random thoughts on dependability:

If you say you will do something – Do It!

You are not required to say anything but once you do, then you have created the very will of God for your self.

If you do not want to do something, then just say, “I do not want to”. No other reason is required for anything. “I want to” or "I do not want to” are sufficient reasons without any further elaboration. Let your yes be yes and your no be no.

You make the world a smother place for people around you if you simply do what you yourself say you will do.

Now, this morning I told Ginny I’d move that chair out of the hall… so I guess I’d better get up and move that chair.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 5:57 AM

2 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Another thought for you:

Always be accountable for you actions. No excuses. No blaming. Just be accountable.

 
At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But I don't like to be accountable!
It was the cat's fault anyhow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home