Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Friday, June 24, 2005

About Trash & Beauty

Trash men control the ebb and flow of my life.

Used to be that all garbage was collected Monday; now, the regular garbage men still come on Monday, but the guys who pick up yard trash and recycle stuff do not show up till 6 a.m. Friday.

Therefore, unless you want yard trash piled in front of the house for a week, you have to get it out to the curb by Thursday evening.

All that by way of saying that instead of waiting for the weekend to do yard work, Thursday I cleared the fence line so that the debris could go to the curb for pick up today.

Not that I wanted to spend a weekday this way, but garbage men rule; they dictate the patterns of my life.

And here Bush thinks he runs the country. Ha!

During our prayer time this evening, in the Living Bible translation, Ginny & I ran across a beautiful verse I’d never noticed before:

Ask where the good road is,
The godly paths you used to walk in,
In the days of long ago.
Travel there,
And you will find rest for your souls.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 5:14 AM

1 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger Heather said...

That's a pretty verse. Thanks for coming by my blog:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home