Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Saturday, June 25, 2005

I Was A Crusade Reject

This weekend in New York, 86-year-old Billy Graham conducts his last crusade.

Back in the year 2000, I was rejected when I volunteered as a councilor at the Jacksonville, Florida, Billy Graham Crusade.

A local newspaper published an article I wrote about the experience,. Click here if you’d like to read “Confessions of a Crusade Reject” .

I’m a guy who has kept a daily journal for ages. Some of these journal entries are posted on my website under the heading Today In Former Years. So, if you’re interested in reading my actual journal entry about how I drove a gaggle of ladies, (including one who screamed, shook her fist and threatened to punch the cop) to the Billy Graham Crusade, click on November 2nd and scroll down to the year 2000.

Ah, fond memories.

I still cringe.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 5:02 AM

1 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Awww. rejected by Billy Graham's people? I'm sorry :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home