Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Typing on air -- This the entry 4 Monday which I erased by mistake

Headers and footers and section breaks that don’t brake drive me nuts! A pox on all their houses!
Up at the ungodly hour of 4 a.m. as usual and worked formatting the Stacy Letters, a collection of old letters related to Jacksonville history which I found in a wooden file drawer I bought at a yard sale a few years ago.

I’m trying to make these into a book for Bluefish Books. Thus my frustration with headers & footers.

While looking for some clip art for Stacy’s Letters, I again ran across a website I’ve visited before. But this time I noticed more about it and renewed my fascination. It’s called Whole Wheat Radio out of a 12 by 12 cabin in Talkeetna, Alaska. Their web address is http://www.wholewheatradio.org/ .

I’m not much for radio listening but I really enjoyed their unique style and left the thing on my computer in the background all day. The thing that attracted my attention – besides the clip art in their drawing board section – was the mention that they do podcasting – the thing, whatever it is, that Donald wants to start doing. I really liked what these Alaskans are doing with it.

One odd thing, the announcer said, “We’re having a warming spell; the temperature is up to 36 degrees this morning”. I laughed because today for the first time this season here in Florida, I had to turn on the air conditioner!

My reading today included finishing Eric Garcia's great book about con artists, Matchstick Men, and I started Patrick O'Brian's Master And Commander. I found this sea story so enthralling that, God willing I intend to read all 20 books in the series.

This evening Ginny & I attended a MED Neighborhood Watch meeting. The group had the usual discussion of problems in the area.

My website e-mail (www.cowart.info) brought a letter from a family in New York who asked for information about the Whale Watch Motel where we stayed last August and for tips about travel in Florida. I got carried away and told them waaay more than they’d ever want to know.

But I felt very happy to get this feedback. Sometimes I feel as though I work in a vacuum. The February site statistics in webalizer tell me that over 6,000 readers from all over the world stayed on my site at least ten minutes each. But people seldom make comments so I daily question whether what I’m doing is really useful or just a vanity.
Just like this Blog thing – I wonder if I’m typing on air.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 10:17 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home