Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Monday, March 14, 2005

A Bag Full Of Money

Ginny & I devoted Saturday to yard work — By which I mean that I fixed up a nest for her with cushions, pillows, icepack, coffee, ashtray and blanket so she could rest and watch me while I mowed the yards.

Her foot was bothering her and she fell into a deep, deep sleep. So deep in fact was my Sweetheart’s sleep that even when the power mower passed within ten feet of her, she never stirred.

The yard was full of birds this morning and they chirped and flitted all around Ginny as she napped. It was like something out of Disney’s Cinderella movie, but Beauty never woke. She napped almost five hours!

About 3 in the afternoon, I kissed her awake and took her to lunch at Denny’s. Then we went to the library to check out some videos and spent the evening watching a Tom Hanks movie marathon starting with Terminal. We both agree that Tom Hanks is the greatest actor ever.

Sunday, March 13, 2005
Skipped church again today. After breakfast at Famous Amos – where we ate their pan-fry breakfast, one of the greatest, most memorial meals I’ve ever tasted, we went to WalMart to buy birdseed for our feeders and to look at digital cameras and tape recorders for various Cowart Communications projects.

At Ginny’s job Friday some person dumped a huge bag of money on her desk all in change. So we took that heavy bag to Winn-Dixie where they have a change sorting and counting machine.

I stood guard while for 45 minutes, Ginny stood there feeding coins – nickels, dimes, pennies and quarters — into this machine. For this she went to college earning a Banking & Finance degree with a minor in accounting!

The total came to $335 of which the machine kept over $30 as a processing fee.

All pennies that fell on the floor, I picked up and put in my own pocket as a finders fee. "Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn".

I bitched to Ginny that she should never again accept loose change from anyone at work but should reject sacks of coins until they are wrapped and counted. And she should never cut into our weekend time together to do stupid chores for the commission without being paid overtime… Lot of good my complaint did. Both she and I know that she’s so conscientious that she does that sort of thing all the time and .is likely to keep doing it; it’s in her nature....

In the evening we continued our Tom Hanks marathon with Road To Perdition. The man’s versatility amazes us.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 10:15 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home