Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Recharging Batteries

I’ve spent most of today reading St. Patrick’s Confession and a biography of Mary Slessor, a Scottish missionary to Africa. I have previously written profiles of each (see www.cowart.info) but I was not doing research for an article.

No, I feel the need to recharge my own batteries and nothing helps my spiritual slumps more than reading Christian biographies. They help me see what real Christians went through for their love of Christ.

Ginny went to work today in spite of her aching foot and my urging her to stay home in an ice pack. (I’m married to a left-handed, wrong-headed woman!).

While at work one of her former bosses called asking her to take a job with another agency. She is interested but wants to see if an offer of a better job at the commission may be in the offing also. She’s so conscientious that she’s in great demand. I’m proud of her. But nowhere is she more appreciated than at home.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 10:06 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home