Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Free The Flashing Twelve!

Free The Flashing Twelve!

Today I’ve learned that I number among the Flashing Twelve.

Donald came over excited about establishing a podcasting website designed to help Flashing Twelves podcast. What is a Flashing Twelve? What is a podcast?

Well, when a computer geek walks into someone’s house and sees the clock radio, VCR and the microwave all flashing twelve on the LCD screen, he knows that the homeowner does not know how to set the time on nay of these appliances; in other words, someone as technologically illiterate as I am. Therefore, the Geek pitches in to help bring the victim out of the stone age.

That’s what Donald wants to do for me and other Flashing Twelves.

Podcasting apparently is a sort of radio program on demand wherein anyone can produce their own program and make it available to the world via a Blog (which is a sort of online daily journal, I think).

Why anyone would want to either broadcast or listen to such programs is beyond me, but Donald says Podcasting is the coming thing in computer communications.

Could be.

Personally, for years I’ve kept three radios tuned to three different stations and when I want one kind of music, I turn on that radio; or, if I want another kind of music, I just turn on a different radio. That way I never have to fiddle with tuning dials.

Donald says this practice makes me a quintessential Flashing Twelve.

Hey, my system works.

In other news today, two great things happened:

The UPS man delivered copies of one of my books which, this month, was published in the Philippines. My book People Whose Faith Got Them Into Trouble has been re-issued by a company called Church Strengthening Ministry Of The Foreign Mission Board, SBC, Inc. Their website is www.csm-publishing.net out of Manila .

I’m pleased that the book is available to folks in the Far East; but I’m also a bit disappointed because I thought it was being translated into Talog and I expected to see my name in squiggly exotic oriental letters (I’ve never seen Talog printing) just to feed my vanity.

The other great thing is that I finally managed to update my website for March. I’ve finished my Rabid Fundamentalist column, Horns, Antlers & Haloes and it actually includes that photograph of my Elk Horn Pipe I’ve never been able to include in my Blog – We Flashing Twelves managed to muddle through somehow – so if you want to finally see that photo you’ve been so anxious to see in this Blog, then check out my website at www.cowart.info . I also added a few new tasteful jokes for you more refined readers.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 10:07 PM

1 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nahdzhane,
Thank you for reading my blog. Since I made this Blog posting, my book, People Whose Faith Got Them Into Trouble, was published (in English) in a Filipino edition by Church Strengthing Ministry, Makati City, Philippines. I thought it would be in Tagalog, but I was wrong.
And since then another of my books was translated into the Indonesian language.

I am really happy to hear from you. You bring good news from a far country!

Thanks, john cowart

 

Post a Comment

<< Home