Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Saturday, February 24, 2007

The Pain Of Winter Past

Friday’s temperature rose to near 80 degrees here in Jacksonville and, for the first time in months, I did yard work.

I edged. I raked. I chopped. I mowed. I mulched….

I bent. I stretched. I stooped. I lifted. I climbed. I pulled. I pushed…

For the first time in months.

This morning my muscles ache. My shoulders ache. My back aches. My arms ache. My thighs ache… I’m having to use my cane to merely walk.

Dumb me!

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

I should not have tried Spring cleaning all at once after a winter of inactivity. This morning I suffer the pain of Winter past.

On the up side, I counted 34 robins and doves following the path of my lawnmower as I worked. They hopped along snapping up bugs suddenly exposed as the grass and leaf cover disappeared.

Smart birds.

Oh but I’m stiff and sore!


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 3:36 AM

2 Comments:

At 6:58 AM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

The Pain of Winter Past, eh? Doesn't sound like much fun at all!

Would it cheer you at all if I told you where that digger was? ;)

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger agoodlistener said...

That's the kind of thing that got me into trouble this month, though it wasn't summer yard work, but winter snow blowing. I tend to overdo just like you. Can't seem to pace myself very well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home