Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Two Fair Damsels In Distress

Screams in the night woke me.

I staggered awake and realized that Ginny was screaming in her sleep. A bad dream. I shook her awake and walked her around the room. I got her calmed down and poured her a glass of water.

She said she can’t remember all her dream but that it involved an alligator as big as an elephant sneaking up on her.

With a bit of soothing, she went back to sleep about 2:30 and spent the rest of the night peacefully.

----

Any advice about this next one?

Yesterday my e-mail brought in this message from another damsel in distress, a young lady close to me that I care about very much:

I need a favor. If you've glanced at my blog, you'll know that someone said something that upset me today…. He called me today at work and asked for my updated address and phone. He'd had it before so I didn't see any problem on giving it to him.

Then he asked me to be his mistress.

I told him no but was so shocked that I am not even sure what else I said. I should have just said no and hung up the phone. He had mentioned about coming around and talking but I really want nothing else to do with him. I had been feeling so good about my day and now feeling such the opposite.

I am not sure what to do about it. I really don't want him coming to my house or my work. I figured writing you would be easier on me (than) talking on the phone when I am upset... I'd not talk but sniffle.

I need some advice on how to handle it.

The guy who is harassing her is an older married man with grown children. I know both parties as well as his wife.

I suppose that such harassment comes with the territory of being a beautiful young woman but such things ought not to be.

I’ve promised her that I’d speak with him.

Any other ideas?

Short of MACE, that is?


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 6:35 AM

4 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

In dealing with the man, I find that the truth is best--married men have no business cultivating intimate relationships with other women. And since he made his intentions known, the lady simply needs to set firm boundaries and move on. If he's a stalker, get a restraining order. But hey, I don't have all the facts.

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had a lot of alligator dreams...scary ones. It must be a Florida thing, eh?

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I'm glad that alligator was only a dream!

Hopefully, the guy will hear the answer "No!" and back off. What a sad situation.

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

How bout some Wall to Wall counseling? Sounds like he needs it! Sorry, but I have not patience with someone like that. Just thinking about it makes me mad. Okay, I will let it go, but I will pray you have wisdom and he is humbled and changed after you have spoken with him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home