Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Friday, June 30, 2006

America's Two Greatest Writers


This newspaper clipping is fake but fun.

I used Newspaper generator at http://tools.fodey.com/generators/newspaper/snippet.asp to create it.

I did it because Stephen King is my favorite writer and I just finished re-reading his book Desperation, yesterday. I think it ranks among his finest.

If I tried to list my favorite Stephen King books, I’d include about 30 of his 40+ novels. And, as a writer, I find his non-fiction On Writing and Danse Macabre inspiring.

Reading his books, I admire his skill in removing me from my world and getting me totally involved in his. I marvel at his command of English and at his thought processes as he takes ordinary people and places them in extraordinary situations.

Since I read Carrie when it first came out, I’ve bought two shelves full of Stephen King books. Obviously, Mr. King has never bought one of my books but if he reads this fake clipping, I hope he gets a kick out of it.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 5:16 AM

3 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

This is hilarious! King certainly tells a good story. You should send this to him!

Not sure about the other guy, have not read his books, but his blog is entertaining!

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Idzeeboo said...

Nice clip! I'm crafting my own now!

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger Heather said...

I love the article!

I recently listened to Book Four in the Dark Tower series (because Brad listens to books when we drive far distances) and I loved it. I shall hav to start at the beginning and read the whole series.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home