Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Thursday, June 22, 2006

I shoulda been a hermit

After breakfast and conversation with my friend Wes Wednesday morning I continued scanning in that bag of old Jacksonville photographs. There are about 50 of them in the bag and I’m puzzled about how to organize them for posting on my website.

I have a thumbnail making program that I haven’t used for a while but with so many photos, I think I’ll have to split the collection to make it manageable.

I suspect that for me this project is a way to avoid writing. Had the photos ended up in a dumpster, no one would have missed them but I feel that since they fell into my hands I should try to preserve them in case some future historian may find them useful.

I keep a lot of stuff like that for my imaginary future friend.

Spiritually I’m about as low as I’ve ever been.

I need a refresh button.

Actually, I suppose what I need is resurrection because I feel as dead and dry and lifeless as that bag of old pictures.

Other Christians express such confidence, but I have none. I don’t mean confidence about Christ, I’m convinced He is God come in the flesh; but I mean confidence in life and church and social issues and stuff like that. I’m not at all sure when it comes to matters like that. I think I’d have made a great hermit, sitting in a cave untouched by humanity.

It’s when I stick my head out of the cave that I get confused.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 6:21 AM

3 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

I too feel like a hermit sometimes, as I work at home. Sometimes it is a good thing not to see folks or get out in the traffic etc., but then cabin fever sets in and I must venture out into the world.

I enjoy your daily thoughts, and keep up the work on the history book, someone's gotta do it!

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Ileana said...

I get you. I really get you.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I totally relate to you. Few believe that I'm so shy, but I feel so intimidated by the life around me.

I made an announcement on my blog today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home