Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Monday, June 12, 2006

"Let There Be Spaces In Your Togetherness"

Over the years Ginny and I have discovered that times of distancing always follow times of intense intimacy.

Over this past long weekend spent together in intimacy, we bonded even more, then Sunday we spent our time in withdrawing, regaining our distance, and reestablishing our individuality.

This pattern in our 38-year-long love affair resembles the ebb and flow of an incoming tide. Each individual wave reaches a little higher on the beach before it recedes. Yet the overall level of the sea continues to get deeper and deeper.

That’s the way I see it.

Ginny words it a little differently.

At breakfast yesterday her starry eyes sparkled with loving adoration as she gazed at me holding held my hand across the table and she said, , “I’m sick of you. I don’t want to be cured. But I’ve had all of you I can stand for right now”.

I understand that perfectly.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 5:26 AM

6 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger Heather said...

That happens to us to. But you've said it so eloquently!

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Heather said...

too, not to. Sorry.

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's true...I love the way you put this...we all need our downtime from things and one another. Good for you for recognizing it in one another.

 
At 1:58 AM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

I think you're right. It's good to know this is how other couples work, too.

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I still have a lot to learn...

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Seeker said...

Hahahahaha! I'm with Ginny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home