Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Sunday, June 04, 2006

Where, O Where Shall I Spend My Money?

Pig BBQ
Bono’s BBQ
Woody’s BBQ
Blackjack’s BBQ
Kansas City BBQ
Cross Creek BBQ
Sonny’s BBQ on Lane
Sonny’s BBQ on Blanding

Each of these BBQ restaurants features different special qualities and atmosphere.

All lie within a three-mile circle of the one we chose to go to for lunch Saturday — Georgi’s BBQ.

Ginny and I have eaten at Georgi’s every month or so for about ten years (It used to be named Riche’s BBQ when we first started going there).

Therefore we anticipated a pleasant experience and good food.

When we arrived at Georgi’s, two-thirds of the restaurant’s tables were empty. I requested the table we favor, but the waitress snapped at me.

She said, “You have to sit where I put you”.

I am a soft spoken person and I thought she may not heard my request so I repeated it.

She snatched up two menus and marched down another aisle saying, “You have to follow me”.

Oh, do I?

I took Ginny’s hand and turned around so that as the snotty waitress marched in one direction, we walked out the door in the other.

Standing in Georgi’s parking lot we could see down the street to Wendy’s, Fishlip’s Grill, Taco Bell, New China, China Beach, Jimmy’s Fried Chicken, East Buffet, a Caribbean restaurant, Dairy Queen, Krystal, and two donut shops.

There are other restaurants in that strip too; I just can’t remember all the other names.

But we had a taste for BBQ.

We drove over to Sonny’s BBQ on Lane where we enjoyed a delicious lunch — succulent barbeque, baked sweet potato, cold cole slaw, garlic bread, huge frosty glasses of tea … Delicious!

The waitress was courteous, efficient, cheerful, and attentive. We left her a generous tip as is our custom. We have worked in low-paying jobs in the past and we care about people who do such work now, so we are big tippers according to our lights.

If one place doesn’t appreciate your money, perhaps someplace else will.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 5:34 AM

4 Comments:

At 6:26 AM, Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

I would've done the same. I am soft spoken also and working for the Police department has helped me to deal with people who are rude, arrogant and show no tact in how they deal with people. Whatever happened to people caring about others. Definately the world needs Jesus. Great post!

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Seeker said...

Good for you. Georgi's better wake up and smell the coffee.

 
At 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Good for you.

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

You told that waitress off without raising your voice, in fact without even uttering a word...way to go!

By the way, your meal sounded so good, I'm just about drooling!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home