Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Saturday, June 03, 2006

Usual Friday Night Date A Bust

I spend too much time getting ready to do other things.

Friday I began getting the yard ready to enjoy over the weekend and getting the house ready so Ginny and I can have quality time without chores hanging over us.

For ages we’ve made a practice of enjoying a regular Friday Night Date to make a transition between workweek and weekend so we can get reacquainted.

Going out for dinner, walks in the moonlight, leisure conversations — Friday night things to clear the air for romance and time just to ourselves to enjoy eachother.

But, by the time she got home from work last night, I’d worked so hard in blazing sun and pressed so hard to get everything done ahead of time, that I felt wasted, depleted, physically sick.

Too sick and tired to go out.

We ate a bowl of chili in front of the tv. Put in a vcr movie, Ghostbusters, and I fell immediately to sleep. Work up at 3 a.m. to find Ginny watching our vcr copy of The Stand— the whole thing!.

I feel guilty for letting her down.

There is such a thing as getting too prepared for a thing.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 7:05 AM

3 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww...that's so nice that you two have a date night and kudos to you for trying so hard to make for a more relaxing weekend!

Hopefully tonight you will have recuperated and up for a nice evening with Ginny.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger threecollie said...

Ghostbusters, chores all done and good company. How could it be any better than that? Nothing wrong with resting your eyes a little.

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Career Guy said...

I can relate. I exhaust myself getting ten things done so I can relax and enjoy my work. It never works, but I never learn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home