Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Wednesday, June 21, 2006

In The Bag

Tuesday night my son Donald taught me the intricacies of computer scanning —again. As I’ve mentioned last week, I’d forgotten how to do it.

One of the first things we scanned was a plastic bag.

This bag is important to me because of what it contains.

Every year the Jacksonville Library culls its collections of out of date material and offers these at a book sale. Ginny and I have attended these sales for years and years. The sales offer over a hundred thousand books and items either donated to the library or culled from the shelves.

As a local history buff, I keep an eye out for things related to Jacksonville history and a couple of years ago during one of the sales I acquired this plastic bag filled with old sepia photographs of Jacksonville homes and buildings.

I’ve intended to scan these and post them on my website (www.cowart.info) but life intervened so I never got around to doing it.

After Donald’s patient teaching last night, I suspect that I can have these available on line soon. I’ll keep you posted.

Speaking of my website, last night I added a classy, tasteful, refined graphic featuring a happy squirrel to that site to refer readers to my blog site. Donald thinks it’s ghastly but what does he know about good taste?

I think squirrels are nice.

We also talked a lot about church stuff. Why God puts up with churches is one of those divine mysteries the Bible speaks about.

I think Martin Luther had it wrong. If he’d nailed 95 bishops to that door, things might have improved.

This morning is the Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year. I tried to convince Ginny that we should go out in the back yard and dance naked in the grass to greet the dawn but she refused. She’s a prude. I guess we’ll have to leave it to the bishops to do that sort of thing.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 6:41 AM

2 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Blogger John Cowart said...

I should have mentioned in this post that the photographs are much, much older than the bag they were thrown away in.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger pai said...

one of the many things I love about Donald is his patience with others.

Especially when I am in my terra-forming mode. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home