Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Sunday, July 02, 2006

Party Time!

First, a modern day miracle:

Saturday Ginny & I drove to Abandon-All-Hope-All-Ye-Who-Enter-Here-Mart. It only took us 20 minutes to escape the clutches of the ghost of Sam Walton! Has that ever happened to anyone else in the history of the world? Only 20 minutes in Wal-Mart and we were out again! Wow! Guardian angels must have been working over time for us.

Last night we attended a 4th of July cookout at Warren and Carol’s. Carol cooked for a multitude but since the whole multitude didn’t show up, those of us who did ate it all. Two different styles of baby-back ribs, burgers, salads, and every conceivable trimming. We gorged ourselves at the feast.

I met many of their friends I’d never met before. I do not do well in groups but I talked with an attorney and a restaurant owner for a while about fishing and shrimping, jury selection, and childhood memories.

Several of us at the party knew Bubba and Dolly's family and we shared happy thoughts about them.

Later, a fan who had bought four of my books -- ok, I'll admit, it was my daughter, but it sounds more impressive to say a fan -- brought them over to our house for me to autograph. Even though I write all the time, when it comes to putting some pithy saying with my signature on a title page, my mind goes blank. I can never thing more witty to say than “Best Wishes” or something equally inane.

Eve volunteered to help me with research needed before I can post the stuff I’ve been scanning about Baldwin and Mayport. I’d be stymied without her. She’s such an encouragement. When her plans to work overseas materialize, I’ll be lost.

I got an excellent start on the holiday weekend by falling asleep in front of the tv.

Party till it hurts!


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 8:31 AM

2 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Blogger Seeker said...

Nothing like a good old cookout to take care of "stiff and sore and old and decrepit"....!

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger EveyQ said...

Both a fan and daughter... : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home