Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Saturday, January 21, 2006

A Calm Continuation Of Yesterday's Posting:

Friday I began to re-do all the work I’ve already done on the Dirty Old Man Goes Bad manuscript. I’m attempting to discover that tiny, little, minor glitch which hinders uploading my book to the printer.

Yes, I did free my shrimp net from that grocery cart beneath the water and I’m confident that in a few minutes calm contemplation I’ll untangle this formatting error also.

As I cheerfully go about my appointed tasks, I work with a song in my heart. And, with my being a dedicated Christian, it’s only natural that that song be a familiar old hymn of the church. The third verse of Amazing Grace rings in my heart:

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
Tis grace that brought me safe thus far
And ‘tis grace will keep me from pouring lighter fluid into the floppy disc slot on my computer, lighting a match, and cackling madly as the cheap plastic melts into a puddle on the rug, and the glass monitor cracks, and sorry worthless chips fry as I stomp the whole damn thing till my pants catch fire – with this song in my heart.

Or, as St. Paul said, “Let patience have its perfect work…”

But, what did he know?

He never touched a keyboard.

He had an amanuensis.

How else could he stay a saint?


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 11:15 AM

4 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

John you are hilarious!! I had to read out the 'revised' third verse of Amazing Grace to my hubby, so I could share the humour with someone!

I often feel the same way about computers. I am quite computer illiterate and that makes me hate computers (for being too difficult for me to comprehend)

Do you want to borrow my punching bag?

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Wow... that really is the most modern version of Amazing Grace that I have ever heard.

I think more people sing it like this, I honestly do.

I'm glad you've begun to rescue your cart.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I think my husband would be singing the same verse... Oh man, I feel your pain...Take a deep breath and don't get any where near the matches...Call that computer geek and get help, it's not worth the frustration. Good luck.

What is it they say, "It's not the problems we have, but how we handle them that count." It's a test of patience..Now, take another deep breath...Good!

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Good point. I lost all chances at sainthood the day I started drop kicking the cpu unit. I hope you get it all smoothed out. I don't have those problems because my hubby is the printer, and self publishing guru which makes my life easy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home