Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Thursday, October 06, 2005

Glogging In The Rain

Wednesday, as rains from Tropical Storm Tammy sheeted over Jacksonville flooding streets and yards, a representative of the United States Postal Service pressed through the deluge to lay a package in the puddle at my front door.

With the kindness and consideration for which USPS is famous, the mailman did not bother to knock on the door; he obviously didn’t wish to disturb anyone inside the house during such a torrential rainstorm.

However, I saw the mailman sloshing around outside – I’ve watched for him hourly everyday this week – and rushed out to rescue my package before it floated away.

Printer proofs of my Glog manuscript have finally arrived!

I intend to give the text one final reading and, God willing if all goes well, (Ginny already spotted and corrected one misspelled word) Glog will be ready for publication tomorrow, Friday, October 7th, 2005.

Last night because of the pouring rains – or the boring speaker – only five people showed up for my Jacksonville history lecture. I gave them the best I know how to give.

It would take more than a drizzle and a small turnout to dampen my spirit.

I agree with Snoopy:


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 5:14 AM

3 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that is so exciting!! Keep us posted:-)

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Glog power!! Good for you!

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Robin said...

They were going to leave your Glog in the rain? Those MONSTERS!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home