Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Monday, September 05, 2005

In A Peaceful Garden

Monarch.

American Snout.

Cloudless Sulphur.

Red-Spotted Purple.

Male Black Swallowtail.

Female Black Swallowtail

Eastern Tiger Swallowtail — Our garden has been aswarm with butterflies this weekend. To me bugs is bugs; but Ginny got this book on the butterflies of Florida to identify the ones in our garden. We spent hours yesterday lounging in the backyard spotting butterflies, looking them up in her book, and discussing them.

No better way to spend a Labor Day Weekend than to hang around with someone you love and talk about bugs.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 3:59 AM

5 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Blogger Eric said...

To find peace and have someone you love plus the time to enjoy both is something of a miracle.

 
At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love butterflies. One day I hope to have a garden filled with them!

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Sounds like a wonderful holiday!

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I think it sounds lovely.
If you're gonna talk about insects, butterflies are the best of the bunch.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Talk about bugs! Funkybugs too!

I love butterflies. I've already instructed my hubby wubby to plant lots of butterfly-attracting stuff when we start landscaping.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home