Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Monday, June 06, 2005

Blogging and lunch consume my day

I’m beginning to think blogging is addictive.

This morning in reading the various blogs I follow, I read an account of one person’s spiritual struggle to feel forgiven for past sins. There are ten or 12 blogs I follow daily and I often pray for the people whose paths cross mine in this manner. I really care about these folks.

All morning long I pondered about whether to reply and what I should say if I did. I ended up writing a comment that was wayyy to long.

It felt intrusive to comment at length like that and I’m not at all sure whether or not I was being helpful or just being pedantic and paternalistic. God knows.

Barbara had to drive her grandkids on an errand and came over for lunch between dropping them and picking them up again. She brought two nice coats for Ginny and three boxes of books for me (which I haven’t even opened yet). She ended up staying at our house about three hours talking about some book (I’ve forgotten the title) which she finds helpful. I enjoyed our lunch but the visit took a large bite right out of the middle of my day so I hardly got any work done..

Between commenting on that blog and lunch with Barbara, I felt too exhausted to do much of anything else today. Stacy awaits me but he’ll just have to wait.

Ginny & I went for a walk and exercise in Memorial Park (appropriate today being the anniversary of the Normandy Invasion). I felt too bad to walk much. My idea of exercise is to sit on a park bench smoking my pipe and watching other guys fish.

.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 9:53 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home