Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Thursday, May 26, 2005

Mengapa Doaku Tidak Dikabulkan

"Mengapa Doaku Tidak Dikabulkan".
Isn't that a cool title!

Wonderful news:

This morning’s e-mail tells me that an Indonesian translation of a book I wrote on prayer has finally been published.

The title in Indonesian is: "Mengapa Doaku Tidak Dikabulkan"; in English that’s “I’m Confused About Prayer” or “Why Don’t I Get What I Pray For?”. English copies are available on-line at www.lulu.com/bluefish

The book takes a humorous approach to problems I myself have with praying. I really hope it contributes a modicum of peace to readers who have just about given up on God.

My book’s appearance in Indonesia comes four days after false news reports about American handling of the Koran. These false news reports have sparked riots in Indonesia, the world’s most populous Muslim nation.

This morning's CNN reports:
The U.S. Embassy in Jakarta has closed until further notice.
“Citing terror threats, the United States closed down Consulate General offices and other government facilities, the agency said ….
"The Embassy reminds all Americans that the terrorist threat in Indonesia remains high," according to a State Department statement.
"Attacks could occur at any time and could be directed against any location, including those frequented by foreigners, and identifiably American and other Western facilities or businesses in Indonesia."…
Among the possible targets are neighborhoods where Westerners live, hotels, restaurants, churches, schools and recreational event….
Indonesia has had three major bomb attacks in the past two years: Bombings at a Bali nightclub killed 202 people in 2002, a bombing outside the Australian Embassy in Jakarta in September killed nine people, and a blast at the Marriott Hotel in the capital in October left a dozen people dead.
All three attacks were blamed on the regional Jemaah Islamiah militant group agitating for a Southeast Asian Islamic state. The United States considers the organization to be a terrorist group that is an arm of al Qaeda…
The agency advised Americans in Indonesia to keep a low profile…


Makes me wonder if this is a great time for my book to appear...God knows.

If you’re inclined to pray, please ask the Lord to help my little book honor Him in this troubled place and time.

The Indonesian publisher’s website is http://www.perkantas.org/literatur_nasional/

Posted on Thursday 26 of May, 2005 [04:56:30]


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 5:32 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home