Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Sunday, May 15, 2005

Another Good Day

.
Why are happy days so much more difficult to write about than crappy ones?

Saturday turned out great, filled with simple chores and joys and pleasures. The day left me with a feeling of profound gratitude. Yet I’m not aware of any unusual specific thing to be grateful for. I’m pleased with the way our grown children have turned out. I’m giddy in love with Ginny. We enjoyed morning coffee in the garden watching birds at the feeders and listening to the fountain. Thanks be to God for simple pleasures.

On a somber note, there’s been another earthquake in Indonesia. I feel bad in that Ginny, Donald & I have been talking now and then for months about sending more relief to the lady we e-know there, but we have not actually gotten around to earmarking the funds and doing it.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 10:10 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home