Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Monday, April 04, 2005

Time & Ressurrection

Daylight Savings Time began today and Ginny had to set the microwave, VCR, car radio and all the clocks ahead one hour. We had a little trouble setting the sundial in the garden, because the sun does not like to be moved, but I called my friend Joshua and he nudged it ahead.

So now all the timepieces read right

Well, all of them except for one wristwatch in the dresser drawer.

Remember a few days ago when I discovered the term “Flashing 12”? For years now, I have kept two wristwatches one set to Daylight Savings Time and the other to real time. When the appropriate Sunday of the season arrives, I simply put one watch in the dresser drawer and take out the other watch so I never have to fiddle with those little un-pushable buttons on the side, yet I always have the right time.

Thus do we Flashing 12s confound the devil’s technology.

In church this morning the pastor preached on Christ’s resurrection, the account of Doubting Thomas from John’s Gospel, “Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe”.

The Scripture reading from Acts struck me as particularly appropriate as I see the extended, inaccurate and befuddled tv coverage about the dead pope (I question whether any tv reporter has ever read any history book ever!).

Anyhow, this morning’s Bible reading was from St. Peter’s speech when he said, “Jesus of Nazareth, a man attested to you by God with mighty works and wonders and signs which God did through him in your midst, as you yourselves know – this Jesus, delivered up according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God, you crucified and killed by the hands of lawless men.

"But God raised him up, having loosed the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held by it. For(King David)… foresaw and spoke of the resurrection of Christ, that he was not abandoned to Hades, nor did his flesh see corruption. This Jesus God raised up, and of that we all are witnesses.”

Still no word from Indonesia. Nine Australian aid workers died there in a rescue attempt yesterday when their helicopter crashed.

Ginny & I bought fertilizer and stuff and worked in the garden most of the afternoon.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 8:58 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home