Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Friday, January 25, 2008

Pre-Cleaning

Years and years ago I taught a Bible class at a church where a number of society people worshiped.

One lady in the Bible class had five maids come into her home each week to do the heavy cleaning for her.

She once told me that on the day before the five maids came in, she would scurry through her home picking up and cleaning up ahead of time so those maids would not think she and her family were slobs.

I used to think that was funny; now, I know how she felt.

Next week carpenters Mark and Ian are scheduled to come to my house to repair various damages I’ve allowed to build up for a dozen years.

I have this urge to rush outside and clean up ahead of time so they won’t think I’m a useless slob.

Too late.

They’ve already been here and made their estimates.

There’s some kind of spiritual lesson here, but I’m not sure what it is.

Besides, although I am getting over this cold, the pre-cleanup job looks overwhelming to me. I haven’t finished reading my Stephen King book nor even touched those proof pages.

Yesterday, for the first time in a week, I felt strong enough to shave and take a shower… but when I turned off the hot water faucet, I broke it!

Another job for the repairmen.

Sufficient to the day…


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 4:24 AM

1 Comments:

At 6:09 AM, Blogger Amrita said...

I 've also done that maid thing.Glad you are feeling better. Today is our national holiday and I 've posted 2 videos about India

 

Post a Comment

<< Home