Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Thursday, January 24, 2008

Still Enjoying Ill Health

"Still enjoying ill health," was a phrase my mother used about a hypochondriac aunt; it also describes me recently.
Yesterday I lay abed all day reading a copy of Stephen King's most recent book, Duma Key. Ginny picked up a copy for me the other night when she went out for supper.
I've only managed to read the first 200 pages so far, so I still can't say what the book is about.
But, Chapter Six, the one where the hero reads poetry to an old woman with Alzheimer's, is one of the most touching and beautiful passages I've ever read.
God willing, I'll spend today warming my bed and reading more.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 4:15 AM

2 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger Amrita said...

Get well soon

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

Well, I'm glad to hear there is at least one thing you're enjoying while you suffer with this flu!

Take care John.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home