Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Sunday, February 04, 2007

Typos?

A couple of months ago I started drinking soup directly from the bowl.

When I tried to use a spoon, I sloshed soup all down the front of me.

That’s when I first noticed my hands shaking.

It’s gotten progressively worse and my primary care physician tested me for the possible onset of Parkinson’s, then he set up an appointment for me with a neurologist tomorrow morning.

Just what I need!

Oh well, in youth or old age, our times are in God’s hands and we live in the light of His mercy both daily and eternally.

Odd. But no where in the Scripture does Jesus ever cure anyone of old age.

In fact just after He rose from the dead, Jesus told Peter, “When thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not.”

John’s Gospel adds that Jesus said this, “Signifying by what death Peter should glorify God. And when He had spoken this, He saith unto him, Follow me”.

On the down side of my shakes, I hit the wrong keys on my computer much more often making many more typos than I used to.

On the upside, now I can blame all my mistakes and misspellings on the tremor in my hands instead of on being ignorant of how to spell words.

I may know something about why I quiver by next Tuesday.

Be sure to read my Saturday Blog posting from yesterday and watch for my commercial on the foot of that big horse pulling the beer wagon during Super Bowl tonight.

Millions and millions and millions of tv viewers will see my ad and buy my books by the ton. I’m going to be rich beyond my wildest dreams of avarice — Well, almost.

I’m so excited my hands are shaking!


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 7:11 AM

3 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger Pat said...

Shaking hands could seriously impair drinking that semi-annual bottle of beer today!
I'll be waiting for the next medical update -
Enjoy super bowl sunday!

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger An Ordinary Christian said...

Maybe you have familial tremor. I'd rather have that than Parkinson's. God bless. Maybe it your medicine, unless you aren't on any. I hope Huntington's doesn't run in your family. These health things can really get you worried and going and get you planning the rest of the few short months that you have left. "Be still and know that I am God."

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger jttjtt said...

Don't know if I've found this site today via curdled cheese or something more meaningful, but I will pray for you John.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home