Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Regretted Flippancy

Not 15 minutes after I uploaded that flippant blog post yesterday Barbara called.

No, she had not read what I said; she called from her daughter’s hospital room because of a crisis.

We went out to lunch at Silver Star, a favorite Chinese restaurant, and as we drove Barbara told me the situation. Mary, her grown daughter has been undergoing radiation and chemotherapy for lung cancer.

The treatments appeared to be successful, but the other day Mary suffered an episode resembling a stroke. Her doctor determined that her cancer has metastasized forming a large tumor in her brain.

Brain surgery is scheduled for tomorrow.

We’ll see what happens.

I wonder if I should give the gift of a colorful piece of art for Mary’s bedside table to brighten her hospital room?

I know just the thing…

On second thought, maybe that’s not such a good idea.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 6:31 AM

4 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Oh my. I'll pray bunches.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Pat said...

Flippancy need not be regretted, you didn't know.
I loved Barbara's post and I will be praying for Mary.
A lovely piece of artwork such as the one you shared would brighten any hospital room...and be a great conversation piece ~ but I think I'd hold off on that for a bit!

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Margie said...

I think the statue would be great. It would give people something to talk about and laugh about in a difficult situation.

Praying for your friends.

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure that Barbara did take that post as "flippancy" ... however, I think I might wait on taking that statue to the hospital!

So glad to hear that her daughter is doing well. I'll keep them both in my prayers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home