Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Friday, January 19, 2007

A Happy, Exciting Day In This Writer's Life

Thursday brought happiness and excitement into my usual dull drab existence.

I spent the whole day formatting those two 17th Century puritan diaries I mentioned earlier this month.

Talk about fun!

This kind of work puts me in my element. I relish it. I worked with scores of footnotes in tiny agate type. Since I am reformatting the pages, each footnote needed to be moved, renumbered and correlated.

Ran across a note from February 1st, 1596, in which Samuel Ward, one of the translators of the King James Bible, said, “Oh the grievous sinnes in Trinity Colledg, which had a woman which was carried from chamber to chamber on the night tyme. My adulterous dream that night!”

Oh those wild and crazy puritans!

Seems like I’m not the only Christian to be a dirty old man at heart.

I really love what I’m doing.

Such fun!

I'm elated.

This is a gift from God.

King Solomon said, "There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soul enjoy good in his labor. This also I saw, that it was from the hand of God...

"I perceive that there is nothing better, than that a man should rejoice in his own works; for that is his portion".

Isn't that great!

Thinking of a different King:

Please don’t tell Stephen King about the books I’m preparing; I wouldn’t want the poor guy to loose sleep in worry about getting bumped off the Times Best Seller list by these diaries. Assure him that I’m not trying to compete for his position. Well, actually, I am. Let the better man win! I just hope he enjoys his work as much as I enjoy mine.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 9:14 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home