Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Thursday, November 09, 2006

Whatsoever things…

Certain thoughts, certain anticipations, distract me this morning.

If God gives us life and strength, next week Ginny and I plan to celebrate our 38th anniversary.

Mostly we intend to hang at the house, garden, visit some archaeological sites, do our Christmas shopping, and just generally get reacquainted — Along, of course, with marathon bouts of kissing, groping, lust, passion and sleeping in front of tv football games.

Also, my work calls for some decisions that I want to mull over, so I hope to spend some time discussing these with Ginny.

But, mostly we just need some down time without outside input — if that makes sense.

Today I hope to get donkey work done around the house so that stuff is out of the way before our long weekend.

My Webalizer counter software says that about 300 people read this blog yesterday; but this morning, some Blogger glitch prohibits me from posting on my site or commenting on other people’s sites, so it will look to readers as though I’ve dropped out of sight abruptly.

Sorry about that.

I tried.

While I’m out of pocket, please think about browsing in my on-line book catalog at www.bluefishbooks.info to see if there’s any of my work you’d like to buy for someone on your Christmas list or for your own enjoyment.

The catalog lists ten books I’ve written or edited.

My own favorite is my novel Glog. On the surface it’s a simple action adventure about a dinosaur; on another level it’s a tale about how God guides His creatures.

Judging from sales, other people’s favorite books are I’m Confused About Prayer (the title says it all) or Strangers On The Earth, a collective biography of people whose faith got them into trouble.

Or, if you know a Civil War buff, Rebel Yell: The Civil War Diary Of John Thomas Whatley CSA was published for the first time ever last month. It turned out to be a truly beautiful book. It pleases me.

But, I don’t want to think about work right now, I want to get the grass mowed and dishes washed and laundry done…. I have a lot to think about today...

Kissing.

Groping.

Lust.

Passion.

Those are the important things for a dirty old man like me to think about.

As the Bible says:

Whatsoever things are true,
Whatsoever things are honest,
Whatsoever things are just,
Whatsoever things are pure,
Whatsoever things are lovely,
Whatsoever things are of good report,
It there be any virtue,
If there be any praise,
Think on these things.

I plan to resume posting by November 16th.

Y’all behave yourselves while I’m gone.

I’ll behave myself too…. Ha! Ha! Ha! Gloat! Gloat! Gloat! Lots to think about!


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 8:48 AM

5 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Have a wonderful restful week, Dear John.

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

38 years and still lustful - you are certainly entitled to gloat! Have a brilliant weekend.

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Val said...

This is my first visit to your blog and your website rabid FUNdamentalist since I've been overseas, and I can see you are outdoing yourself again with so much fun and witty stuff. I have so much to catch up on. And laugh about. Love the quote about sacriligious being better than not religious at all!

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger agoodlistener said...

Um, does Ginny know about your plans? Hope you have a great time.

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Hope you had a great anniversary!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home