Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Christian To The Bone?

If you are having trouble reaching this site, my comment box, or e-mail, please see note at top of my March 25th posting.

Tuesday I responded to 80+ e-mails stacked up in my box by the server problems. I visited a number of favorite blogs and attempted to comment on each one just to let friends know I’m still reading their stuff, but only one in every five or six of my comments would take. I’m still reading your site but the server on my end acts temperamental.

Or else, I never have learned how to work a computer.

As I worked on my book on the history of firefighting in Jacksonville, I hit a snag, a discrepancy in my research which calls for yet more research. This may change the basic structure of the book.

I just couldn’t handle that at the moment so I shut down the computer and went out to water the garden and think things over.

My thoughts turned to Abdul Rahman, the man in Afghanistan threatened with death because he is a Christian. News reports say he was released because he is “mentally unfit” to stand trial. To be a Christian there equals being insane.

Of course to my way of thinking, anyone staying in Afghanistan must be nuts whatever their religion. And it looks as though America troops are being used to replace Taliban I with Taliban II.

All that aside, the thing I wonder about is that Rahman said he was converted by watching the daily lives of some Christian aid workers.

I’m impressed that it is not our words or our arguments or our political stands but our daily lives that draw non-Christians to Christ… or repels them.

I wonder if my own daily life attracts people to Christ?

The other day my friend Barbara and I were talking about the biblical phrase “Christ in you, the hope of glory”. I mentioned that I certainly don’t feel much glory (whatever that is) in my life. And Barbara pointed out that Christ in you does not mean glory for you but glory for the people who observe you. It is for others.

So, Lord, help me to live Christian to the bone.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 5:38 AM

2 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back up and running. Server problems are always a pain! Welcome back!

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Unfortunately, I don't think that our American type of freedom will ever be in the Middle East. I do hope for them to have democracy and learn to be more tolerant of other religions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home