Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Sunday, March 19, 2006

St. Patrick's Day Is Over... So Is Christmas

Friday when I bemoaned the fact that my son’s Cat Cam draws more hits in a day than my books do all week … (Go ahead, click on the cat cam, leave my blog and look at cats. I know you want to. Never mind reading what I have to say). …

Anyhow, as I bemoaned that cats are more popular than my writings, Patricia, my youngest daughter, said, “Dad, how many people read your books is not as important as the effect the book has on the people who do”.

Yes, Patricia is home from college for the weekend. She spent the day with us yesterday working on various projects:

Of course she brought her laundry home to wash — that’s a given.

Then she and Ginny worked on her income tax.

Then I reduced her to tears by pushing on with unsolicited, unwanted, un-needed fatherly advice; Will I ever learn to keep my damn mouth shut? I am in no way qualified to be a dad!… But she forgave me.

And she helped me put away Christmas decorations. No, not take down decorations; they were already down and sealed in boxes.

But she climbed a ladder and stored those boxes in the attic till next year for me (I don’t do well on ladders).

This project reminded me of an article I wrote several years ago. I wrote the article to address the burning theological question uppermost in every thinking person’s mind: Are There Reindeer In Heaven?

Of course there’s no question in my mind at all about what should happen to cats in the afterlife, so we won’t go there.

But you may enjoy reading about reindeer.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 5:45 AM

5 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger John Cowart said...

Slackv,
To draw even more hits, I'd suggest that you zoom your camera in to closeup mode. There must be thousands of odd people out there searching the Internet for a flea cam!

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Seeker said...

OK, I admit, I looked at the cat cam BEFORE I finished reading your post. One word: boring!
The only good cat is... well, you know.
About those Christmas decorations. Don't worry too much about getting 'em packed away. Christmas rolls around a lot quicker than it used to. (BTW, I saw a house today that still had Christmas decals in the windows and lights on the eaves.)

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Career Guy said...

I scorned the cat cam...for now at least... and read your story. I enjoyed your insights. Looks like we have to start working on things that will be of some use to people right here. Hmmm. There's a cat cam, you say?

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

People are fascinated by the antics of animals.
Reading takes work.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I would never leave your blog for boring cats...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home