Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Sunday, March 12, 2006

Ready For St. Patrick's Day?

This morning aching muscles inform me that I need to either quit doing heavy yard work or to do it a lot more often.

Saturday from dawn to dusk Ginny & I continued our fence clearing project. Problem is that each time we got one area looking good, our work reveals other areas that need work also; cleaning produces a self-perpetuating mess.

The postman delivered the proof copy of Strangers On The Earth. My hands were too dirty to examine the book closely, but a casual glance showed several structural defects I need to correct before I can release the book to buyers.

No big deal. I’d targeted this book for release before last Thanksgiving but I’m slow and lazy and just have not done the work as I should.

However, I hope to round off the rough edges and have it published by the end of this week.

This year, March 17th, St. Patrick’s Day, falls on next Friday. One of the chapters of Strangers profiles St. Patrick largely in his own words. Yes, he did write an autobiography, Confessions, which I find to be a classic in Christian literature even though he doesn’t even mention green beer.

If a short biographical sketch of St. Patrick interests you, I’ve posted an HTML copy of that chapter on my website, www.cowart.info . It’s in the left-hand column about half way down the page.

OH, speaking of St. Patrick — he does not mention that snake legend in his Confessions either — but this morning when I checked over that flower bed along the fence line I’d cleared Saturday, I found that over night a snake had shed it’s skin right where I’d been working.

Neat.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 4:07 AM

2 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Karen said...

St Patrick's day... never ceases to amaze me that wherever I am the Irish are out in full force enjoying their Saint. They'll love it even more if they win the Six Nations rugby this year!

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Seeker said...

Seems like the snake didn't care too much for the cat poop, either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home