Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Saturday, December 17, 2005

Harried Preparations For Christmas

Ginny & I have been eating our emergency supplies all last week.

No. There’s not a hurricane. It’s just that nothing remains in our refrigerator except a pack of fish sticks and we have not been able to go grocery shopping.

You see, it’s only eight days till Christmas and I still have a few things to do:

  • I need to buy antifreeze, drain the car radiator and re-fill it.
  • Jennifer has a birthday next week.
  • Eve has a birthday next week.
  • I expect the church lady to call asking me to serve soup at the mission.
  • I need to clean my neighbor’s yard thoroughly because they’re hosting a family get together.
  • We have a closet full of presents to wrap.
  • Breakfast with Wes Tuesday?
  • Breakfast with Barbara Wednesday?
  • I’d like to get out to the cemetery and tend my parents’ graves.
  • Patty is coming home from college.
  • Luminary Night is Sunday.
  • I’d planed to have the current book manuscript ready to publish but I’m not finished formatting and editing.
  • I have to cut my hair before someone shoots me thinking he’s bagged a Yetti.
So, let’s see the first thing I have to do is…..

“Be still and know that I am God.”

O Sure.

I’ll add that to my list somewhere.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 6:20 AM

5 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger Moogie said...

Oh goodness but you are busy. I have to go take a nap now after reading that. Good luck in getting it done!

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Nothin' to it but to do it. May God give you energy and motivation.

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Career Guy said...

Thanks--as usual, I needed to hear that, too.

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

I know this feeling all too well. All I can suggest is the usual - 'prioritise!', and 'one thing at a time'.

So, fish sticks for dinner, then?!

Good luck with getting through your list.

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Heather said...

You can come over here and have Green Chile Stew with us next week. Don't forget to add that to your list.

I had a dream that I met you in person last week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home