Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Friday, September 16, 2005

Developing A Book Cover For Glog



I snapped some photos of a swamp to use as a book cover for Glog.

Glog is a sentient dinosaur who lives in the marshes of the Chesapeake Bay area where he eats muskrats and prays for diving guidance. He also illuminates the uncials in a 15th Century manuscript text which his father left him.

I felt a hauntingly beautiful picture of swampy marshland would be an appropriate book cover.

Donald used his computer skills to tack title and author’s info on the cover. He added a vanity photo of me to the back cover as I continued to fine tune the manuscript (which I’ve worked on off and on for over 20 years).

A few weeks ago he brought Ms Helen Glass, a graphic artist who works in his building, over to see me. She designs websites, skins, newsletters, company brochures and book covers.

She took one look at the thing I’d pieced together and volunteered to do it right.

At each step in the process she has kept me posted as to progress.

Here’s how it worked:

She chose a font that reflects Glog’s work and embellished it:

She asked my approval, then moved to the next step, a line drawing of her concept:

Then she refined and colored the drawing, giving it a parchment background:

She plans to fine tune this and have the finished book cover ready in a few days.

I could not be more pleased with her craftsmanship.

To see other examples of her work, please check out her two websites at:

www.heliosinteractive.com or

http://www.elemental.name/

I plan to send off for printer’s proof copies of Glog this weekend and I hope to post the finished book cover Monday.

I’m as tickled as if I were 7 years old and it’s Christmas Eve.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 8:03 AM

1 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger William Jessie said...

This information is meaningful and magnificent which you have shared here about the Buy Tonneau Ute Covers . I am impressed by the details that you have shared in this post and It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. I would like to thanks for sharing this article here.Buy Tonneau Ute Covers nz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home