Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Good Day

Good, peaceful days prove more difficult for me to write about than bad days. The absence of conflict and aggravation does not generate dramatic prose.

Friday started with a visit to Dr. Downey. A nurse injured the radial nerve in his right hand; it’s numb and bothers him. And he told Ginny and me about his medical trip to Africa where each year he volunteers help in an orphanage.

I’m ok for the shape I’m in.

The doctor froze a few cancers on my arms and gave me some grease to rub on my hip for the always-with-me pain. It that stuff does not help, the next step is an MRI.

Afterwards Ginny and I carried library books up to Dave’s Diner where we munched fries and read our murder mysteries as we sat at a window booth watching light rain fall.

Back home, we continued to read in our backyard never speaking except to point out a flock of purple finch or some other bird at the big feeder.

True love enables you to sit in silence, reading, doing your own thing, making no demands, asking nothing—just being together.

Sometimes that state carries over into my devotions. When I’m just with the Lord, aware of His presence but not exactly praying nor worshiping nor singing nor even thinking much about it. Just relaxing together.

Good, the best, is not always dramatic.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 7:39 AM

3 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger Amrita said...

Just wanna say hello

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Felisol said...

Dear John C,
I agree, the good times need not be that special.
I hope some place in heaven there is locations similar to the one you describe. Where one can relax with one's loved one without to many spoken words.
Being allowed to sit outside with a good book and some singing birds. Is that not close to paradise?
Absence of tears, pains, poverty and hate, oh, I'm looking forwards to that.
In between,- be richly blessed.
From Felisol

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger agoodlistener said...

A good day, indeed! I, for one, am happy for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home