Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Tuesday, August 29, 2006

John's back

In the ten days since my last journal entry I’ve accomplished a lot, but there was little to blog about unless you count 20-hour days spent sitting in front of the computer.

As a result of the intense work, all the dishes mugs are washed; we are no longer drinking morning coffee from the Christmas mugs.

And the printer now holds the text for both the holiday book and the Civil War soldier’s diary. Proof pages should arrive in a few days ready for final tweaking.

Of course, with the Civil War diary, since it’s been hidden away for 140 years, I don’t suppose a few more days will make much difference for it’s unveiling.

I’ll say more about these two books after I’ve gone over the proofs.

Just for fun, I entered a contest for books based on blogs. It’s for the 2007 Blooker Prize. If you use your own blog as source material for a book, then check out http://www.lulublookerprize.com/ for contest information. Other than giving the judges printed copies of your work, it costs you nothing to enter.

This is the first writing contest I’ve ever entered.

Usually, Lotto is my game.

I like to feel I’m a potential millionaire.

I’ve been praying for wisdom about making several business policy decisions that have me stumped. Insights from Ginny, Donald and Eve proved invaluable but the final decisions are mine. Jesus once said, “Don’t let your right hand know what your right hand is doing” – or something like that.

That’s one almost-scripture I truly follow all the time.

Ginny has been teaching me a new software program and I’m experimenting with graphic design for book jackets.

My son Donald fixed two new things on my website — actually, they’re old things that have been broke for months but he came over last week and got them working again:

First off, you’ll notice in my blog sidebar that the photo gallery is working again. Donald repaired it so that now every time you click on my blog or refresh the page, you get to see a different book cover. That’s just a pure vanity but I get a kick out of it.

If you click on the link it opens the gallery where I posted those photos of our visit to the junk yard last December.

Donald also repaired the Webalizer counter showing how many visitors came to my site. That’s been down since the last hurricane and it’s nice to have it up again — although I don’t believe the information it presents.

According to Webalizer over 130,000 people have spent at least ten minutes each on my site since last September.

Unless these visits are all from robots or webcrawlers, I can’t imagine that many real live people actually visit my site.

I can only conclude that somebody needs to get a life.

Here’s a copy of today’s Webalizer page:

Well, I thought I could post the photo but I can’t figure out how to do it. If you are one of the 130,000 people deeply interested in such stuff, Click Here .

Not only can you read all about the astronomical numbers, but the Webalizer will count you again and add your visit to them.

Finally, be sure to read the comment section in my August 18th blog. The comment by Jellyhead’s 3-year-old son broke me up. I predict that young man is destined for a brilliant career as a great literary critic!

Hurricane Ernesto approaches.

Guess where I live?

The weather people call it the Cone Of Uncertainty.

That’s what I call it too.

Here is this morning’s National Weather Service projected storm track:


.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 4:49 PM

2 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, Blogger pai said...

Woohoo! You're back! All is right with the world. :)

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Welcome back! I missed your entertaining daily rantings...

Hope you don't mind, I shared the Lulu Blooker contest info with Fred First, blogger/writer - http://www.fragmentsfromfloyd.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home