Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Friday, August 18, 2006

There’s A Snowman On My Mug



Dear Readers,

Here it is 4 a.m. on August 18th and the picture on my coffee mug shows a snowman. This hints that it’s time for me to wash that sink full of dishes. A pile of 50 dirty coffee mugs awaits my attention.

And you could film a Tarzan movie in our back yard. Perhaps I should cut the grass and whack the weeds.

And final formatting for the manuscripts of the Civil War journal and my short story collection nears completion; another week’s work should see those two books close to publication.

It dawns on me that I have to live some life before I can blog about it.

What a drag.

But much urgent work demands my attention.

Besides that my batteries are drained. I stand in need of recharging.

So, what I’m leading up to is that I intend, God willing, to take about ten days off from posting on this blog.

Feel free to rummage through my blog archives while I’m gone. Doesn’t cost you a penny…

On the other hand, if you’ve got a few pennies in cash to spend — and you can’t live without reading my blog each day — please consider buying a copy of my book A Dirty Old Man Goes Bad. It’s a published version of my 2005 blog. It’s not backwards, like Blogger posts things, but arranged in chronological order for easy reading at beach or bathroom.

I wish my hiatus were a vacation time, I’d rather go fishing, but it looks to be an intense work time. I’ve neglected ordinary duties too much recently. I need to catch up on some of that reality I’m always writing about.

If God gives me life and sight and strength, I intend to resume posting on Tuesday, August 29th. Hope to see you then.

Love, John


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 4:33 AM

9 Comments:

At 6:41 AM, Blogger Pat said...

By that time you should have lived plenty or worked hard enough to have a ton of blog material. Meanwhile, I will browse through those post that I have missed. Anxiously awaiting your return, now go get those weeds whacked!

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Seeker said...

Later, Gator.

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your to-dos! I'll be back.

 
At 1:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll be waiting! :-)

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

Take care, John.

By the way, my 3-yr-old son loves the crazy blue-eyed squirrel who appears on your webpage, and now goes around saying (word for word), "I read John Cow's blog last week"..(brief pause)..." I loved it!"...(another brief pause).."The guy is just plain NUTS!"

(Of course I beg to disagree about you being 'nuts', but like the squirrel, I do love your blog. Enjoy your holiday from blogging!)

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Real Life in South Carolina said...

Darn! I thought today was Tuesday, the 29th! But it's NOT. It's the 22nd.

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

Not to be pushy or anything, but in Australia, it is Tuesday 29th in 2 hours 2 minutes. Just mentioning it.

:) Jelly

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger pai said...

OK - I'm ready for your next entry. I'm really jonesin' for a fix of Rabid Fun.

(I actually checked your blog throughout the week just to see if you were going to come back early).

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honest folks, I came back to reenter the blogosphere when I said I would... only to find that blogger will not let me post anything. I think they are punishing me for being away. The 8.29 post for Tuesday is written and I'll put it on line as soon as Bill Gates forgives me.

John Cowart

 

Post a Comment

<< Home