Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Thursday, February 16, 2006

Only a prayer

Of course, since I wrote about some exciting adventures of the Christian life yesterday, nothing at all of significance happened in my life today.

I sat at my computer all day proofreading copy.

So I have nothing special to say.

I find it much easier to jabber about God than to listen to Him.

A thing that helps a little is that each morning I receive a devotional e-mail from http://www.rdex.net/devotions.php . That helps me focus somewhat on the Lord.

Here’s a prayer from yesterday’s e-mail:

Lord, help me to glorify Thee.
I am poor, help me to glorify Thee by contentment;
I am sick, help me to give Thee honour by patience;
I have talents, help me to extol Thee by spending them for Thee;
I have time, Lord, help me to redeem it, that I may serve Thee;
I have a heart to feel, Lord, let that heart feel no love but Thine, and glow with no flame but affection for Thee;
I have a head to think, Lord, help me to think _of_ Thee and _for_ Thee;
Thou hast put me in this world for something, Lord, show me what that is, and help me to work out my life-purpose:
I cannot do much, but as the widow put in her two mites, which were all her living, so, Lord, I cast my time and eternity too into Thy treasury;
I am all Thine; take me, and enable me to glorify Thee _now_, in all that I say, in all that I do, and with all that I have.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 5:40 AM

6 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

If nothing else, starting your day off with a prayer or devotion means beginning your day with an attitude of humility.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger John Cowart said...

FYI: Friday and Saturday my remote server has been down. I'm still here but I can't post anything anywhere.

Alas, cut off and unconnected with no link to the outside world... Kinda nice actually.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger John Cowart said...

Well, it's Sunday now. Server still down. We remain in isolation. The temperature is dropping. We haven't seen an Eskimo for weeks; haven't caught a seal for days. Night approaches. If nothing turns up by tomorrow we'll have to kill one of the dogs to eat. If anyone finds this note, please tell my family...

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I find it much easier to jabber about God than to listen to Him."

I know the feeling!!

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger John Cowart said...

Server has been down for almost a week now so I can't post a blog, use site e-mail, or do many such things yet. Donald is working on it...

Ginny & I watched the Olympics some on tv last night... we concluded that while we may not be much physically, we are ice dancers of the spirit.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger John Cowart said...

Well Folks, it's now Wednesday 2/22 and the support people still have not fixed my server... I didn't know they celebrated Washington's Birthday in Calcutta.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home